Skip to main content

Community Health Programs

What is WIC?

WIC is the nation's most successful public health nutrition program. We can provide healthy food, nutrition education, and community support to income-eligible pregnant women, mothers of infants and children up to 5 years old. 

Who is eligible for WIC?

Anyone who meets at least one criteria from each column below:

What does WIC offer?

Peer Counselor Program -  A WIC peer counselor is a mother in the community with personal breastfeeding experience who is trained to give information and support to new moms. She will mentor, coach, and support you. She can give you: basic information about breastfeeding, ideas on how your family and friends can support you, ways to get a good start with breastfeeding, tips for a healthy supply of breast milk for your baby, support when you have breastfeeding concerns, tips on how to breastfeed comfortably and discreetly, and advice to help you stick with breastfeeding after you return to work or school.

Breast Pump Program - If you can't get a breast pump through Medicaid or you don't have insurance, you may be able to get or rent a pump through WIC. 


For more information about WIC, please visit this website.


For questions about our Valentine, Ainsworth, Atkinson, Spencer, or O'Neill Clinics or if you attend one of these clinics, please call (402)336-4298 Ext. 12

For questions about our Ord, Burwell, Loup City, Broken Bow, St. Paul, Greeley, Central City, or Aurora clinics or if you attend one of these clinics, please call (308)745-0780 Ext. 137

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877‐8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD‐3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632‐ 9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW   Washington, D.C. 20250‐9410; (2) fax: (202) 690‐7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Our Impact This Year

  • Collaborations


  • In-kind donated


  • Square Miles Served


  • Lives Touched



© 2022 Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership

Powered by Firespring