Are your utilities high and your home in need of weatherization? We’ve got solutions for that.

Through our weatherization program, energy consumption and energy costs can be reduced, so people with lower incomes can live in healthier, safer homes.

Contact Us To Apply
First Name *
Last Name *

For more information call Sharon Jonak, Weatherization Coordinator, at (308) 745-0780, ext. 111.

How it Works


  • Homes are evaluated, using an energy audit, to determine the most effective energy and cost-saving measures to be made. 
  • If you own your home and meet income guidelines the program is 100% FREE. Weatherization is also available for qualifying households who rent their home, with landlord approval. Landlords may be responsible for costs associated with repairs made to hot water heaters and/or furnaces. 
  • The amount of assistance available to each home is limited and based on the results of the energy audit.
  • Typical measures include insulation for the attic, sidewalls and floors; weather stripping; caulking; pipe wrap; hot water heater wrap; new doors; repair of damaged windows; carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Your home may also qualify for repair or replacement of the furnace or hot water heater. Each home differs and not all homes will receive all measures.



What You Need to Apply

  • What you need to apply
  • Provide proof of rental agreement or homeownership 
  • Provide proof of eligibility requirements
  • Live in a qualifying county



  • Applicants must be under 200% of the current poverty level
  • Households receiving Aid to Dependent Children (ADC) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and households that have received utility assistance from Health and Human Services (HHS) in the past year are automatically eligible for the program. 
  • Mobile homes are also eligible for the program. 
  • Homes weatherized after September 30, 1994, are eligible for repeat Weatherization services.


Income Guidelines & Application Form

Please see chart for the 2022 guidelines. You may also qualify if you have received utility assistance in the past year or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Mail completed application and attestation form to:

Central Nebraska Community Action
Weatherization Program
626 N Street
Loup City, NE 68853


Ainsworth • Aurora • Broken Bow • Burwell • Central City • Centura • Columbus • Fullerton • Loup City • O'Neil • Ord • Schuyler • St. Paul


CNCAP is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. People with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202)690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.